Job ID 11211
Location: Dubai, AE
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Job Requisition ID: 156952
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Working as an individual and as a team member, fully follows operating procedures, provides inventory control service, ensuring that the stocks are available when needed and that stock movement is accurately tracked and maintained through the entire process and stock loss risks are absolutely minimized.
What you will do:
- Controlling the product’s inputs & outputs from warehouses/Other Stores. Stock discrepancy during receiving must be escalated to the supplier/sender by raising an SRD report. Coordinate until the SRD s are adjusted in the system.
- Tracking & updating stocks both on Incoming/Outgoing Log Books & in the system.
- Avoiding product’s shortage by investigating on weekly basis. Perform investigations based on Stock Accuracy Checks. Segregation of Damages in the stock room. Ensuring the movement of the damaged units/ Uniforms to SOF. Then confirm with brand team for updating in the system.
- Prepare the store for marketing event (if any), arrange for stock count procedures (additional cartons and segregating stocks for easy scanning/counting purposes)
- Missing barcodes – Must accurately record the quality, quantity, type, style, and any other characteristics of the inventory so store team has a clear understanding of what is and isn’t available in case of bar code is unidentifiable. This needs to be sent to the brand team in Dubai for further assistance with the barcode. All such merchandise is to be separately put up in the stock room with the updated information in the form of report to the OPM on monthly basis.
- Presence during any maintenance related work activity in the store (Often in the night after store closing).
What equips you for the role:
- Education: Diploma/High school
- Minimum Experience and Knowledge: 1 – 2 years in Retail stock handling
- Job-Specific Skills: Strong hands on experience on handling big size shipments and accuracy in counting.
- Language Skills: English & Arabic – To be able to speak with vendors/delivery personnel at stock receiving time.
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…